This week while at institute, my professor talked about what she called “Band-aid” scriptures–scriptures that we turn to when life gets hard and we need a little extra healing. I’ve thought about this over the week and made a list of my own.
- Psalms 18:2: The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
- Isaiah 58:11: And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
- Hebrews 10:35-36: Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recomepence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
- Philippians 3: 13-14: But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Book of Mormon
- 2 Nephi 4:20: My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
- Mosiah 2:22: And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should proseper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
Doctrine & Covenants
- D&C 58:31: Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?
- D&C 6:36: Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
- D&C 24: 8: Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.
I love the scriptures. I find so much joy and peace in them. They can lift my broken soul and heal any sorrow, pain, or frustration.
What are your band-aid scriptures? I’d love to add to my list!